SOCIAL WORKER I, FAMILY SERVICES
|Department||Department of Human Services|
|Date Opened||8/9/2012 8:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$71,411.00/year with potential growth up to $91,742.00/year|
|HR Analyst||LaToura Jones|
When you join the Maryland Department of Human Services (DHS), you join a team of more than 5,000 employees across the state dedicated to positively changing the lives of more than 1 million Marylanders each year. We do this by providing economic support, preventive services, and caring for children and adults.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Applicants should indicate on their applications all counties (or Baltimore City) where they are willing to accept employment for this classification. As positions become available, our Local Departments of Social Services throughout the state will consider approved candidates from the eligible list of candidates.
PLEASE NOTE...We have current vacancies at the following locations:
Main Purpose of Job
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must meet all minimum qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
EDUCATION: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers. (A master’s degree with the specific major title of “Social Work” is the only acceptable education qualification for this classification; there are no substitutions.)
NOTE: These requirements are established by the Social Services Administration by authority provided in Human Services Article, Title 4, Subtitle 2, Section 204(c)(1) of the Annotated Code of Maryland.
The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits and the Department of Human Services Examination Services Unit do not have authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a Graduate Social Worker (on or by June 30, 2018), Master Social Worker (on or after July 1, 2018), Certified Social Worker or Certified Social Worker-Clinical by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to permanent appointment. Please attach/upload with your application a copy of any Maryland Social Work licensure you possess.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees who have not already done so must complete an approved training program and pass a competency test before being granted permanent employment status.
2. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the Department of Human Services. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to provide the employer with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best-Qualified and placed on the eligible list of candidates for twelve months. This list will be used by hiring agencies to select employees as positions become available.
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including: health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS: STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. If the online application process is not available, please send your paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, Attention: LaToura Jones, 311 West Saratoga Street, First Floor, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
Or email email@example.com: Voice 410-767-8844, toll-free: 1-800-332-6347. If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the Maryland Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Do not submit unsolicited documentation.
The paper application must be received by 5 PM on the closing date for the recruitment.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay, 1-800-925-4434.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|