SOCIAL WORKER II, FAMILY SERVICES
|Department||Department of Human Services|
|Date Opened||8/9/2012 8:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017.00 - $70,265.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Leslie Wigfield|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This is the is the full performance level of professional social work providing preventive or protective services to vulnerable adults, children or families. Cases involve suspected child or adult abuse or neglect, out of home placement, guardianship or emergency protective orders, adoption or adult case management. Employees in this classification do not supervise.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
This classification requires a Master’s in “Social Work” (MSW). PLEASE CLEARLY INDICATE "SOCIAL WORK" AS YOUR MASTER'S DEGREE MAJOR ON YOUR APPLICATION..
(IMPORTANT, PLEASE NOTE: A master’s degree with the specific major title of “Social Work” is the only acceptable education qualification for this classification. You must possess an MSW to meet minimum education qualifications for this classification; there are no substitutions.)
Experience: One (1) year of experience providing child welfare or adult services to vulnerable children, individuals or families.
These requirements are established by the Social Services Administration by authority provided in Human Services Article, Title 4, Subtitle 2, Section 204(c)(1) of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits and the Department of Human Resources, Examination Services Unit do not have authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a Graduate Social Worker, Certified Social Worker or Certified Social Worker – Clinical by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to permanent appointment. PLEASE ATTACH/UPLOAD A COPY OF ANY MARYLAND SOCIAL WORK LICENSURE YOU POSSESS WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees who have not already done so must complete an approved training program and pass a competency test before being granted permanent employment status.
2. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the Department of Human Resources. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to provide the employer with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best-Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for twelve months. This list will be used by hiring agencies to select employees as positions become available.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be considered for this position. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of the assessment, you may participate in the application process.
Permanent Maryland State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of the assessment. However, such candidates will appear in pending status on the eligible list until documentation has been received that the educational and/or experience requirements have been met.
Credit may be given for relevant part-time, temporary, or volunteer experience, if you list the number of hours worked per week.
For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
Application inquiries can be directed to: DHR Examination Services Unit, 311 W Saratoga Street, First Floor, Baltimore, Maryland 21201; or by calling 410-767-7414; TTY users call Maryland Relay Service, 1-800-925-4434.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|