SOCIAL WORK SUPERVISOR, FAMILY SERVICES
|Department||Department of Human Services|
|Date Opened||8/9/2012 8:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$91,210.00/year with potential growth up to $104,555.00/year|
|HR Analyst||LaToura Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Applicants should indicate on their applications all counties (or Baltimore City) where they are willing to accept employment for this classification. As positions become available, our Local Departments of Social Services throughout the state will consider approved candidates from the eligible list.
Main Purpose of Job
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must meet all minimum qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
EDUCATION: A Master’s degree in social work (MSW) from an accredited college or university. (A Master’s degree with the specific major title of “Social Work” is the only acceptable education qualification for this classification; there are no substitutions.)
EXPERIENCE: Three years of experience providing child welfare or adult services to vulnerable children, individuals or families. (Please describe in detail in your application any experience relating to the above job duties and describe the customers you served in each position.)
1. These requirements are established by the Social Services Administration by authority provided in the Health Occupations Article, Section 19-302 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits does not have the authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification must have a license as a Master Social Worker (approved for independent practice), Certified Social Worker or Certified Social Worker-Clinical issued by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners. Please include your licensure number in the Licenses and Certifications section of your application. If you are a licensed Mater Social Worker (LMSW) approved for independent practice, please include that approval in your information.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees who have not already done so must complete an approved training program and pass a competency test before being granted permanent employment status.
2. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the Department of Human Resources. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to provide the employer with a telephone number where they can be reached.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best-Qualified and placed on the eligible list of candidates for twelve months. This list will be used by hiring agencies to select employees as positions become available.
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including: health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS: STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
Or email email@example.com: Voice 410-767-8844, toll-free: 1-800-332-6347.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the Maryland Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Do not submit unsolicited documentation.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|