SOCIAL WORK SUPERVISOR, FAMILY SERVICES
|Department||Department of Human Services|
|Date Opened||8/9/2012 8:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$89,421.00/year with potential growth up to $98,523.00/year|
|HR Analyst||LaToura Jones|
This is a statewide recruitment for the Department of Human Services (DHS). The posting is open and continuous; we accept applications for this classification year round.
The resulting eligible list will be used to fill current and future Social Worker Supervisor, Family Services vacancies within DHS and its offices, located in each of Maryland's counties and in Baltimore City. Applicants should indicate on their applications all counties (or Baltimore City) where they are willing to accept employment for this classification.
A master’s degree with the specific major title of “Social Work” (MSW) is the only acceptable education qualification for this classification. You must possess an MSW, or be within six months of receiving one, to meet minimum qualifications for this classification; there are no substitutions. Please clearly indicate your college education information on your application.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Applicants should indicate on their applications all counties (or Baltimore City) where they are willing to accept employment for this classification. As positions become available, our Local Departments of Social Services throughout the state will consider approved candidates from the eligible list.
PLEASE NOTE...WE HAVE CURRENT VACANCIES IN THE FOLLOWING LOCAL DEPARTMENTS:
Baltimore City Department of Social Services: The Baltimore City Department of Social Services has current vacancies in their Extended Hours program...Extended Hours program employee schedules involve non-traditional working hours with ten hour shifts on weekdays and weekends, working four days and being off three days each week. Extended Hours program employees receive additional salary for working non-traditional schedules.
Garrett County Department of Social Services
12578 Garrett Highway
Oakland MD 21550
Charles County Department of Social Services
200 Kent Avenue
La Plata MD 20646
Main Purpose of Job
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must meet all minimum qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
EDUCATION: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers. (A master’s degree with the specific major title of “Social Work” is the only acceptable education qualification for this classification; there are no substitutions.)
EXPERIENCE: Three years of experience providing child welfare or adult services to vulnerable children, individuals or families. (Please describe in detail in your application any experience relating to the above job duties and describe the customers your agency serves.)
1. These requirements are established by the Social Services Administration by authority provided in Section 1 of Article 88A of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits and the Department of Human Services Examination Services Unit do not have the authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a Certified Social Worker or Certified Social Worker-Clinical by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners for a period of time specified by the Board prior to appointment to social work supervisor positions in State service. (COMAR 10.42.08.04 effective July 1, 2004.)
PLEASE ATTACH/UPLOAD A COPY OF ANY CURRENT MARYLAND SOCIAL WORK LICENSURE YOU MAY POSSESS WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENT FOR EMPLOYMENT AS A SOCIAL WORK SUPERVISOR, FAMILY SERVICES:Experience. A supervisor shall have completed:
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees who have not already done so must complete an approved training program and pass a competency test before being granted permanent employment status.
2. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the Department of Human Resources. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to provide the employer with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best-Qualified and placed on the eligible list of candidates for twelve months. This list will be used by hiring agencies to select employees as positions become available.
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including: health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS: STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
· Personal Leave - new State employees are awarded six (6) personnel days annually (prorated based on start date).
· Annual Leave - ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year.
· Sick Leave - fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year.
· Parental Leave - up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child.
· Holidays - State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year.
· Pension - State employees earn credit towards a retirement pension.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org: Voice 410-767-8844, toll-free: 1-800-332-6347.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the Maryland Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Do not submit unsolicited documentation.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|