OFFICE SERVICES CLERK
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||5/13/2013 3:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/27/2013 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Robert Tanner|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland State Police Licensing Division
Firearms Registration Section
1111 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, Md 21208
Main Purpose of Job
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience performing clerical duties.
Notes:1. Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2.Applicants may substitute education from an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty semester credit hours for one year of experience on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3.Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, database, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the requires experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Six months of experience reviewing information from applications for requests for professional / technical certifications, permits or licenses.
2. Six months of experience transcribing / transferring validated requirements from an application into an Access database or Excel spreadsheet.
3. Six months of experience in determining or validating application requirements and analyzing requirements for accuracy and completeness.
4. Specific training to enhance keyboarding skills or typing speed and accuracy.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are subject to random substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulation 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
2. Candidates for positions in this classification will be subject to an initial drug screening, and a complete criminal and personal background investigation to include a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the candidate.
NOTE: Employees may be required to work a rotating shift during emergency situations at the discretion of management.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: R. Bruce Tanner
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.