|Department||DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions|
|Date Opened||9/16/2013 3:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/30/2013 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,896.00 - $66,880.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kimberly Hare|
This is a Special Appointment position at the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions. The incumbent will work at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
MD Police and Correctional Training Commissions
6852 Fourth Street
Sykesville, Maryland 21784
Main Purpose of Job
- Schedules and conducts audits of law enforcement and correctional training academies, drafts audit reports and maintains documentation of audit findings.
- Schedules and conducts audits of law enforcement and correctional agency employment and annual training records, drafts audit reports and maintains documentation of audit findings.
- Responds to questions, concerns and inquiries relating to the certification process and mandated entry level and in-service training requirements.
- Coordinates the compliance notification process and the distribution of reports to law enforcement and correctional agencies.
- Drafts policy and procedures regarding audits and certification and the processing of associated documentation.
- Represents agency regarding statute and regulations governing certification of Police and Correctional officers and may provide testimony at the Office of Administrative Hearings.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year to year basis for the required general experience.
To send your college transcripts and driver's license please upload each document as ONE (1) FILE attached to your application OR use the fax number: (410) 875-3724 or email your required materials to: email@example.com.
If you are substituting experience for the required education, please clearly specify your additional experience for the year-for-year educational requirement.
One year of professional administrative experience supervising employees.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
One year of regulatory, auditing, and/or compliance experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Your application may be a part of the examination process. The examination may consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your state application. Therefore, it is important that you accurately report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work.