HCD COMMUNITY PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR II 
REPOSTED: Program Officer
|Department||DHCD - Div of Neighborhood Revitalization|
|Date Opened||8/6/2014 08:52:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/3/2014 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$45,938 - $59,622/year|
|HR Analyst||Amy Kipersztok|
This is a permanent position with full benefits
The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is a national leader in revitalizing communities and financing affordable housing. We are good but strive to be great. To make this happen our team needs members that will challenge the status quo, effectively communicate ideas and issues, independently bring forth practical and efficient solutions, believe change is good and want to come to work knowing that what they do makes a difference in their neighborhood.
DHCD has an immediate opening for a Program Officer in its Division of Neighborhood Revitalization. This individual must be a highly organized, customer oriented, self-motivated, team player, with knowledge of laws, regulations and current practices in the areas related to the delivery of services to low and moderate income populations seeking to move to self-sufficiency and to homeless and potentially homeless populations.
LOCATION OF POSITION
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Please read job announcement carefully. Minimum qualifications are required; if you do not meet the criteria you will not be considered for this position.
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of administrative or professional experience in financing and providing technical assistance for development or rehabilitation of multifamily or single family housing; neighborhood revitalization and business development; community infrastructure development; or historic preservation programs.
1. Additional administrative or professional experience as defined above may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional job-related education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience at a rate of thirty credit hours for each year of experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience administering federally funded programs.
- Knowledge of and experience with issues relating to homelessness and or self-sufficiency programs is highly desirable.
- Experience administering grant programs to nonprofit organizations, governments and or local jurisdictions.
- Experience providing technical assistance in one or more of the following areas: for nonprofit organizational capacity development; to nonprofits, governments or local jurisdictions for programs related to neighborhood revitalization, community services and/or community development.
- Applicant must demonstrate competence with written and verbal communications.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please provide sufficient information on your application to document that you meet the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. Please provide transcripts, certifications or diplomas to document educational or certification qualifications. Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. Eligible list may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position.
DHCD offers a flexible work schedule, telework and job sharing options, advancement and career path opportunities, casual business dress on Fridays, and a competitive salary. There is ample free parking, a cafeteria in the building, and DHCD is located in close proximity to the historic capital of Annapolis.