GERIATRIC NURSING ASSISTANT II
|Department||MDH Western Maryland Center|
|Date Opened||2/25/2016 2:13:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/9/2016 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,048.00 - $42,102.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Keenan Townes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Western Maryland Hopsital Center, Hagerstown, Maryland
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to assists residents with activities of daily living, provide a safe and comfortable environment, and assists all residents in attaining his/her optimum level of function. The Population served includes residents receiving skilled nursing care, rehabilitation, ventilator care, and chronic renal failure nursing care.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in direct care of patients in a medical setting.
Note: 1. Applicants may substitute experience in the direct care of patients for the required education on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Hospital Corpsman classifications or Health Care Specialists and Medical Services specialty codes in the nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess and maintain a current certificate as a Nursing Assistant with a Geriatric Nursing Assistant certification designation from the Maryland State Board of Nursing.( A copy of your license must be attach with your application.)
2. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
1. Employees in this classification must successfully complete an in-service training program approved by the hiring facility within the first three months prior to permanent appointment to a position in this classification.
2. Employees must maintain a current listing in the Geriatric Nursing Assistant registry of the Maryland State Board of Nursing.
3. Employees in this classification may be subject to call 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
4. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year. Eligibility may be extended beyond one (1) year period.
Online applications are highly recommended, however the paper application may be submitted to DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DHMH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.