|Department||MD Health Benefit Exchange|
|Date Opened||11/9/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/28/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $75,012.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shadrick Phillips|
LOCATION OF POSITION
750 East Pratt Street, 6th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
Maryland Health Benefit Exchange is recruiting for a Webmaster II to function at the full performance level to design, develop, test, implement and maintain Intranet and Internet business applications and websites using approved web development tools. The candidate will work closely with other members of Marketing and Strategic Communications, the Training Division and internal and external customers to develop and integrate advanced web applications as business solutions, including the configurations, methodologies and standards therein.
Primary areas of responsibility are the MarylandHealthConnection.gov and MarylandHBE.com websites. The Webmaster II recommends and supports best practices in web design; coordinates and plans regular updates and patches to website software; evaluates the website’s efficacy by reviewing and analyzing logs and operating statistics; participates in security reviews related to website access as required; develops and maintains Agency intranet, extranet and Health Benefit Exchange content, and tests web site accessibility and usability for compliance with ADA 508 standards.
Education: Possession of an Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university in Web Development, Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology related field to include course work in web page design, development and programming.
Experience: One year of experience in web page design, development and programming.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and an additional eighteen months of experience using software which converts other documents into web pages; or using web page developmental software; or writing HTML code; or converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using computer programming languages; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software; or operating, manipulating, and controlling computer systems may be substituted for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and completion of an approved certification program for Web Professionals sufficient to provide the necessary skills to build and manage an organization’s web site and to coordinate with inside and outside resources to accomplish that organization’s web goals may be substituted for the required education.
3. Additional experience in web page design, development and programming may be substituted for on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned or non-commissioned officer in Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information Systems specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
2. Experience developing and maintaining websites using Microsoft SharePoint 2010.
3. Experience creating web sites using Responsive Web Design
4. Experience implementing, maintaining, updating WordPress websites
5. Experience in user experience and website conversion
6.Knowledge of SEO and running technical SEO reports using Screaming Frog and Webmaster Tools
7. Experience with Website Performance analysis, debugging and problem solving skills (Firebug, YSlow, etc.)
8. Current experience using WordPress, SharePoint, Microsoft IIS, classic ASP, ASP.NET, SQL Server, HTML, and graphic design tools such as Photoshop.
9. Knowledge or Experience with the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
10. Experience with Marketing/ Web Design/ Writing.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. The rating may also be based on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Report all education and experience related to this position. Qualified candidates will be rated as either Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications of this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. The online application process is STRONGLY recommended. However, if the online access is not available to you, you may complete and submit a completed paper application along with the supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to:
Maryland Health Benefit Exchange
750 East Pratt St., 6th Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
If you have any questions concerning this position, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.