MILITARY YOUTH WORKER SUPERVISOR
|Department||MIL State Operations|
|Date Opened||11/8/2017 10:47:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/22/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,557.00 -$47,063 potential growth - $57,808.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Angela Stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Freestate ChalleNGe Academy
E4230 Beal Rd., APG (EA), MD 21010
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to monitor, supervise and direct cadets who are participants in the Maryland National Guard Military Youth Corps, Freestate ChalleNGe Academy. Maintain Discipline in the corps, and provide practical guidance that will enable the cadet to complete the program and function effectively in society.
Education: Graduation from a standard high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience providing supervision and guidance to youths in a quasi-military environment including one year as a shift or platoon leader.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
One year of the following: Prior military experience such as; Military leadership, Senior Non Commissioned Officer, Non Commissioned Officer, Drill Instructor. Tech Instructor or similar training
Supervisory experience, providing supervision to multiple employees
One year of experience providing supervision to at-risk youths
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification will be trained in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid leading to certification. These certifications must be kept current as a requirement of residential childcare licensure by the Department of Human Resources.
2. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to a criminal background check as required by the Annotated Code of Maryland, Family Law Article, Section 5-561.
3. Employees in this classification must provide a telephone number where they can be reached or carry an electronic pager.
4. This position is Emergency Essential. Personnel must report if called-weekends and holidays as necessary.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of candidates eligible for hire.
RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF COMPLETING THE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application (and on separate pages, if necessary) to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, please send your paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to:
Maryland Military Department
Fifth Regiment Armory
219 29th Division Street, B10
Baltimore, MD 21201
Do not submit unsolicited documentation. If you use a paper application instead of the online process, the paper application must be received in our office by 5 PM on the closing date for the recruitment.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
U.S. Military Veterans may qualify for additional points towards certification. A job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing a U.S. Military form DD 214 verifying honorable discharge from service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Permanent State employees do not need to submit proof of Veterans’ status.