MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SENIOR
|Department||DLLR - Office of General Services|
|Date Opened||1/31/2018 11:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/14/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,048.00 - $42,102.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Ernestine Hyman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Duties of this position include, but are limited to:
- Performs general building maintenance and grounds keeping tasks including preventative maintenance, heavy janitorial and general services work which plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical and renovation tasks.
- Lays out and constructs walls; hangs doors
- Works under electricians to install, repair, test and maintain electrical equipment and fixtures. Works with electricians to install lighting fixtures.
- Removes and replaces resilient floor tile, carpet, and carpet tiles.
- Install suspended ceilings
- Assists with electrical renovation projects
- Is a team member in major office renovations
- Performs routine preventive maintenance with other electricians on electrical systems.
- May assist is repairing and replacing systems containing electronic controls.
- Participates in flooded area cleanup
- Repairs broken fences
- Participate in snow removal activities
Education: Completion of the eighth grade.
Experience: Four years of experience in any combination of the maintenance trades of which three years shall have been in the trades of electricity, plumbing, steam fitting, refrigeration or air conditioning.
1. Applicants may substitute additional experience in any of the maintenance trades on a year-for-year basis for up to three years of the required education.
2. A degree from an accredited vocational or technical high school with a major in Building Maintenance or a related field may be substituted for up to three years of the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a non-commissioned officer in utilities repair classifications or construction and engineering specialty codes in any combination of maintenance trades on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification(s).
High School Diploma
Experience with installing, repairing and testing electrical equipment.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
The examination for this recruitment will be an evaluation and rating of the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is essential that the application is filled out completely and accurately, listing all relevant education and experience, addressing the specific qualifications shown above and submitting any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certification, license, etc.). Please include clear, detailed and specific information on your application regarding experience qualifications related to the minimum qualifications, desired, and/or selective qualifications of the position.
Successful candidates will be placed on the certified list categorized as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified. The certified list will be used by DLLR for a period of one year.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Human Resources
Attn: Ernestine Hyman 17-000606-0008
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Ernestine Hyman at 410-230-6298 or via email Ernestine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.