VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR I
|Department||MDP Museum Services|
|Date Opened||4/19/2017 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/3/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Cindy Mann|
Jefferson Patterson Park & Museum (JPPM) is recruiting for a fulltime CONTRACTUAL Volunteer Activities Coordinator. This position works Monday through Friday and occasionally on the weekends.
What is Jefferson Patterson Park & Museum? Check us out: http://www.jefpat.org/
LOCATION OF POSITION
Jefferson Patterson Park & Museum
10515 Mackall Road
St. Leonard, MD 20685
Main Purpose of Job
This position will recruit and schedule volunteers for programs and events at JPPM. The Volunteer Coordinator will coordinate and develop volunteer orientation and training with all departments at JPPM. The Volunteer Coordinator will also assist with serving the public by providing Visitor Services to onsite guests as well as offsite inquiries regarding the Park & Museum operations and activities.
The candidate for this position needs to have good customer service, communication and organizational skills. This position will provide essential coverage in the Visitor Center, Museum gift shop, educational programming and additional staffing during cultural heritage events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruiting volunteers for various jobs and events at JPPM by working with community organizations;
- Developing and managing volunteer policies, procedures and standards for volunteer service;
- Conducting and arranging for volunteer orientation, training and recognition;
- Scheduling all volunteer activity, including docent tours;
- Acting as a single point of contact for communications between volunteers and Park staff;
- Identifying community outreach opportunities such as fairs and festivals and building relationships with local organizations; and
- Providing staff coverage at JPPM’s Visitor Center, Museum Shop, MAC Lab tours, Park events, and educational programs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university to include 30 credit hours in social sciences, journalism, or public relations or a related field.
Experience: One year of experience involving planning, coordinating and evaluating volunteer activities in a state facility, institution or community based program.
1. Additional experience as defined above may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Graduate level education in social sciences, journalism, public relations or a related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for experience at a rate of 30 college credits for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Six (6) months experience in each of the following:
- Scheduling groups of volunteers
- Developing volunteer policies
- Training volunteers/staff
- Working with the public in a customer service role
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application (and on separate pages, if necessary) to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible list for at least one year.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents.
As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits.
You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. If on-line application process is not available, you may submit a paper application, supplemental questionnaire (by the closing date) to:
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
Attn: Kigen Waugh
301 W. Preston St., Suite 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
Regarding any questions or concerns about this recruitment you may contact :
Phone : 410-767-4933
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the on-line or paper application.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling 410-767-3623.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay