Mitigation Program Coordinator
|Department||Maryland Emergency Management Agency|
|Date Opened||4/19/2017 07:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/3/2017 07:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$49,899.00 - $80,078.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Princess Neal-Washington|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position is primarily responsible for the monitoring and oversight required of grant-funded projects to ensure that they run efficiently, comply with federal and State law, and align with Maryland's strategy for reducing risk and ensuring efficient recovery.
Task will include: Managing and maintaining digital program files. Planning for and coordinating the development of mitigation project applications and sub-applications, including advising and assisting with project development, and drafting of correspondence. Monitoring of grant-funded mitigation projects, including reviewing and submitting quarterly performance reports, verifying the eligibility of reimbursements and advances of funds submitted by recipients and sub-recipients, and conducting site visits for monitoring purposes. Supporting grant-funded mitigation projects, including drafting correspondence related to project management. Managing the closeout of grant-funded mitigation projects. Working with project leads to ensure that MEMA meets its obligations under 2 C.F.R. Part 200.
This position supports planning efforts and other initiatives in the Disaster Risk Reduction Directorate and the MEMA Mitigation Unit, including: Developing, maintaining and updating the State Hazard Mitigation Plan. Providing technical assistance to local jurisdictions developing, maintaining and updating local mitigation. Supporting the development of policies and mitigation strategies to reduce or eliminate risk. Supporting State Mitigation Program outreach programs and efforts. Collaborating with others in the Disaster Risk Reduction Directorate on projects and programs aimed at building community resilience and conducting efficient long-term recovery and reducing risk caused by disasters.
Employees in this position will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Planning.
Experience: Three years of experience in planning.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Architecture, Public Administration, Engineering, Geography, Landscape Architecture, Economics, Public Finance, Political Science, Sociology, Regional Science, or Urban Affairs and one additional year of experience in planning for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Planning for two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Architecture, Public Administration, Engineering, Geography, Landscape Architecture, Economics, Public Finance, Political Science, Sociology, Regional Science, or Urban Affairs and one additional year in planning for the required degree in Planning.
4. Candidates may substitute an additional Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Architecture, Public Administration, Engineering, Geography, Landscape Architecture, Economics, Public Finance, Political Science, Sociology, Regional Science, or Urban Affairs for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute a Ph.D. from an accredited college or university in Planning, Architecture, Public Administration, Engineering, Geography, Landscape Architecture, Economics, Public Finance, Political Science, Sociology, Regional Science, or Urban Affairs for one year of the required experience.
6. Candidates may substitute a Ph.D. from an accredited college or university in Planning for the required education and two years of the required experience.
7. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Logistics, Urban Planning, Architect classifications or Logistics, Urban Planning, Architect specialty codes in the Architect field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Homeland Security Emergency Management, or other relevant field.
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Science in Finance (MSF), Master's in Accounting (MAcc), or other relevant graduate-level degree.
Experience managing federal grant programs, including monitoring federal grant-funded projects, specifically, 2 C.F.R. Part 200.
This position requires strong communication and organizational skills, as well as proficiency in the following technologies: basic word processing, and document generating software, such as Microsoft Word and Google Docs, and spreadsheet software, including Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
This position is considered emergency essential, and supports emergency functions during times of heightened activity, including operating within an on-call, rotating schedule to attend to all emergencies on a statewide 24/7 basis, supporting the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC).
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of candidates eligible for hire.
RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF COMPLETING THE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION.
Online application process is STRONGLY recommended.
The paper application must be received by 7:00 A.M., on the closing date of the recruitment.
No postmarks will be accepted.
If online access is unavailable, you may submit the paper application to:
Maryland Military Department
Fifth Regiment Armory
29th Division St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
For questions concerning this recruitment, please call 410-234-3838.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.