LICENSING & REGISTRATION TECHNICIAN I
Frederick Service Center
|Department||DNR - Licensing & Registration Services|
|Date Opened||11/28/2017 3:25:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/12/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,048.00 - $42,102.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Khia Poteat|
This is a position specific recruitment for the Department of Natural Resources, Licensing & Registration Service. This recruitment will be used to fill current vacancies for the position and may be used to fill future vacancies in the same classification/function. Future vacancies may also be filled via other recruitments. The resulting eligible list will be maintained for one year.
LOCATION OF POSITION
1601 Bowmans Farm Lane, Frederick, Maryland (Frederick County)
Main Purpose of Job
The Department of Natural Resources, Licensing & Registration Service is currently accepting applications for a Licensing & Registration Technician I. This is an entry level customer service position at the Frederick Service Center, processing recreational hunting and fishing licenses and other available products, commercial fishing licenses, and vessel registration, titling and excise tax collection.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of bookkeeping or non-professional accounting or customer service related work.
1. Customer service related work may include experience in public contact areas, such as wholesale or retail sales.
2. Candidates may substitute experience involving titling and registering boats and issuing hunting and fishing licenses and permits on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Compliance Inspection and Support classifications or Compliance Inspection and Support specialty codes in the Inspection, Investigation, Enforcement, and Compliance field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience involving titling and registering boats and issuing hunting and fishing licenses and permits.
• Experience working in an office setting.
• Experience working in an environment where assigned tasks vary and workload fluctuates.
• Experience with data entry, working independently, internet, and using a 10-key calculator.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide all the experience and education that is related to this position completely and accurately. Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered; please include it on your application, if applicable.
This recruitment does not require any additional materials to be uploaded. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
You will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Online application is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is unavailable, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Natural Resources
580 Taylor Avenue, C-3
Annapolis, MD 21401
The Human Resource Department is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Khia Poteat at
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.