FIRE PROTECTION ENGINEER I
|Department||MSP Fire Prevention Commission and Fire Marshal|
|Date Opened||3/23/2017 09:22:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/31/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $75,012.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Alyson Turner|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Salisbury District Court Multi-Service Center
201 Baptist Street
Salisbury MD 21801
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Possession of a bachelor’s degree in fire protection engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Two years of professional experience in fire protection engineering work.
OR Education: Possession of a bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Four years of professional experience in fire protection engineering work.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Engineering classifications or Engineering specialty codes in the fire protection engineering field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Professional memberships - Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA, International Code Council/Building Outreach (ICC)
2. Fire service experience - 2 years
3. Academic Honor Societies - Tau Beta Pi, Salamander
4. Code Development Committee membership - NFPA, ICC
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Some positions in this classification are assigned duties, which will require the individual to be examined by a physician. After an offer of employment, applicants for such positions will be given a medical examination to certify the ability to perform the essential job functions.
2. Employees are subject to call 24 hours a day and will be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
3. Persons appointed to this position will be assigned duties in Salisbury; however, the position may involve travel throughout the State.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Online application is strongly preferred. Applicants are limited to uploading one file, therefore please upload all required and additional documents as one file. If the online application process is not available you may submit a paper application (no resumes) by the closing date to:
Office of the State Fire Marshal
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Alyson Turner at email@example.com
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY users call Maryland Relay Service, 800-735-2258
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.