Seasonal Contractual - Natural Resources Technician III
Two (2) vacancies
|Department||DNR - Resource Assessment - Tidewater|
|Date Opened||9/27/2017 09:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/11/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Khia Poteat|
Two (2) vacancies; full-time
Contract Period: November 1, 2017 - May 1, 2018
December 27, 2017 - June 26, 2018
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Completion of sixty credit hours from an accredited college or university, 18 of which are in biology, biochemistry, environmental science, forest technology, arboriculture, aquaculture, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology, physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management, zoology, or a natural resources management related field of study.
Experience: Two years of experience in technical biological work in the field of natural resources management.
1. Additional experience performing technical biological work in the field of forestry, arboriculture, wildlife, aquaculture, natural resources management, or fisheries may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional education beyond sixty credit hours from an accredited college or university in a natural resources related field of study can be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis for up to two years of experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the biological science technician field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification(s).
• Familiarity with stream biological sampling techniques
• Familiarity with stream restoration efforts and best management practices
• Ability to adhere to sampling protocols and accurately record data
• Ability to work independently and with others to efficiently complete assigned tasks
• Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office programs
• Familiarity with spatial (ArcGIS) software
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment, and report all experience and education that is related to this position. Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered. Please include it on your application, if applicable. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will proceed to the next phase of evaluation.
This recruitment does not require any additional materials to be uploaded. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online application is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is unavailable, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Natural Resources
580 Taylor Avenue, C-3
Annapolis, MD 21401
The Human Resource Department is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Khia Poteat at
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.