|Department||DHS Family Investment Admin Director's Office|
|Date Opened||9/28/2017 12:35:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/12/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $60,815.00/year with potential growth up to $75,012.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Moses Devaprakasam|
This is a Position-Specific Recruitment for Department of Human Services (DHS), Family Investment Administration (FIA), Office of Administration. There is a selective qualification. You must meet both the minimum and selective qualifications for approval.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Family Investment Administration
311 W. Saratoga Street
Baltimore MD 21201-3500
Main Purpose of Job
This position provides oversight and day-to-day supervision of the Contracts and the Special Projects Units within the Department of Human Services, Family Investment Administration (FIA), Office of Administration. The incumbent in this position oversees the preparation, negotiation, execution and ongoing maintenance of human service contracts for FIA programs, and also manages the Medical Assistance Co-Pay Program for case managers out-stationed at health care and long-term care facilities. This position requires knowledge of federal, State and local law, regulations, policies and procedures.
Plans, organizes and supervises the activities of Contracts and Special Projects.
Develops goals and objectives, and oversees the development and training of staff.
Develops plans, establishes procedures, designs reporting formats and analyzes and evaluates reports to ensure administrative systems are in place to maximize/enhance productivity.
Develops the budget for the Unit; prepares budget justifications included in the annual operating budget request and monitors the expenditures.
Manages procurement and contract activities for approximately 125 human service contracts/grants/agreements valued at over $97 million.
Provides guidance in the implementation of FIA's intermediate and long range plans for soliciting contractual services for new federal and State program initiatives; and ensures compliance with COMAR, Title 21.
Serves on Integrated Project Management Teams for Departmental requests for proposals and major statewide solicitations to ensure the scope of services and deliverables meet FIA needs.
Develops procedures and guidelines to create contract monitoring plans required to review contractors' performance, quality, progress and fiscal compliance.
Manages the Medical Assistance monthly billing for long-term care facilities. Oversees the preparation of Requests for Proposals and Invitation for Bids and monitoring of contracts with the State Comptroller and State Treasurer Offices.
Coordinates and completes special projects and reporting of special assignments within designated timelines including the Managing for Results (MFR) annual budget submission; and performs other related duties assigned.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
It is imperative to list all computer and software experience on your application pertaining to your job duties.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of the required minimum qualifications must have included contract management experience supported by overseeing the preparation, negotiation, execution and ongoing maintenance of contracts for a human service program.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
1. One year of supervisory experience.
2. One year of experience with project management: i.e., manages organization's key project including delivery of project on time within budget and scope; background in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis; develops a detailed project plan to track progress; uses of appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs; measures project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques; performs risk management to minimize project risks; establishes and maintains relationships with third parties/vendors.
3. Experience managing procurement and contracts/grants for a human service program.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software.
6. Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
7. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best-Qualified, Better-Qualified or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for one year.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred.
If you are unable to apply online, please send your paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to:
Department of Human Services
Examination Services Unit
Attention: Moses Devaprakasam
311 W. Saratoga Street, First Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
The paper application must be received by 5 PM on the closing date for the recruitment.
Or, email email@example.com; Assistance via phone: 410-767-7416. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay, 1-800-925-4434.
Do not submit unsolicited documentation. Resumes, transcripts, and copies of diplomas are not required for this examination process.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.