ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER I
Assistant Superintendent(Cemeteries Program)
|Department||DVA Cemetery Program|
|Date Opened||3/9/2017 11:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/23/2017 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$36,557.00 - $57,808.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcy Hersl|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Cheltenham Veterans Cemetery, 11301 Crain Highway Cheltenham, MD 20623
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of a Cemetery Assistant Superintendent is to assist in supervising, managing and coordinating the day to day activities of a Maryland State Veterans Cemetery. This includes all aspects of administration/personnel, cemetery operations, facility management, grounds management, equipment maintenance, supply/inventory management, resource management, strategic planning, policy and procedures development, special projects and other duties as assigned. Assist the Cemetery Superintendent to ensure that the Department's mission to provide the best services and perpetual care of burial sites is accomplished.
Education: Possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: One (I) year experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year to year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following:
* Experience in performing administrative duties for a Veterans Service Organization
* Experience in cemetery administration or specified general administration experience.
* Experience with purchase orders and inventory experience.
* Experience in handling confidential information.
* Managerial experience; to include employee training, handling personnel conflicts and approving payroll data.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. You must meet the minimum qualifications to be considered. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Resumes may not be submitted in lieu of completing the employment application.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please call 410-767-4850.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If the online application process is not available, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (by the closing date) to:
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
301 W. Preston Street, Room 705
Baltimore, MD 21201