ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER II
Office of Student Financial Affairs Program Supervisor
|Department||Maryland Higher Education Commission|
|Date Opened||10/6/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/20/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,880.00 - $61,691.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cheryl Murphy|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Administrative Officer is a member of the Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) at the Maryland Higher Education Commission, and is responsible for a variety of duties related to the technical operations of OSFA, and serves as the point of contact for post-secondary institutions across the state. The selected candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
- Serve as the point of contact and subject matter expert for all school-related operation functions through phone and email correspondence.
- Perform all school-related operation functions such as school roster processes, annual cost-of-attendance collection process, loading of ISIR data, confirms accuracy of award amounts, and adjust awards to reflect appropriate campus tuition and fee amounts.
- Establish and maintain relationships with institution financial aid coordinators to identify and resolve programmatic and technical issues with MDCAPS. ·
- Administer training for and provides supervision to contractual staff and work-study students. ·
- Serve as a member of the Program Review team for need-based aid awards disbursed by colleges and universities by ensuring that awards are in compliance with statutory requirements and OSFA’s policies and procedures. ·
- Recommend, develop, and implement Commission policies, and guidelines.
- Coordinate and conduct projects as assigned by the Associate Director and/or Director such as the revision of award and cancellation letters, and preparing statistical reports.
- Respond to a high-volume and fast-paced operational setting that requires attention to detail and excellent customer service skills.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Two years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants should have:
- Work experience in financial aid
- Experience managing projects with deadlines
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a team
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and resume to: Barbie Middleton, 301 W. Preston Street, #608, Baltimore, MD 21201. All application materials submitted outside of the online process must be received in our office by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Please upload your resume using the Resume Tab of the online application. Resumes are requested for this recruitment.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, you may email Barbie.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-767-4850. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.