SECURITY ATTENDANT NURSING I, PERKINS
|Department||MDH Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||6/8/2017 11:30:00 AM|
|Salary||$44,534.00 - $70,751.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Undreia Ford|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center, Jessup, MD
Main Purpose of Job
This is the first of two levels of security nursing staff that provide direct care to mentally ill offenders and assist in the maintenance of a safe and secure therapeutic environment. This position receives supervision from an RN and LPN.
Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Correctional Training Commission Regulation.
Experience: One year of experience in direct patient care in a psychiatric setting.
Notes: 1. Applicants may substitute an Associate of Arts degree with completion of the Mental Health Technology curriculum from an accredited college where the supervised practicum was in a mental health setting for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Correctional Officer/Specialist classifications or Internment/Resettlement Specialist and Correctional specialty codes in the security field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current certificate as a Nursing Assistant from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4201 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. A copy of your license or license number must accompany your application.
2. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification will be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
3. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Prior to permanent appointment employees must satisfactorily complete a Department of Health and Mental Hygiene approved in-service training program which includes modules in Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behavior (PMAB), Resident Rights (R.I. ethics), Clinical Competency Skills To Include Documentation and Hospital-Wide Competency Skills.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended, however the paper application may be submitted to DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DHMH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|