IT PROGRAMMER ANALYST, LEAD/ADVANCED
|Department||MD Institute for Emergency Medical Svcs Systems|
|Date Opened||10/20/2017 10:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/12/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,899.00 - $80,078.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cecelia Smith|
LOCATION OF POSITION
653 West Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
This position reports to the Director of Data Services and functions under general supervision. The position supports the mission of the agency by working closely with agency department directors and stakeholders to design, develop and implement software applications, perform applications analysis, troubleshoot legacy software applications and databases and train and mentor agency staff in report writing and development. Tasks include designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools, developing and managing databases, designing custom reports.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field.
Experience: Two years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
1. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credits from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and application programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software, on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must meet both the minimum qualifications and selective qualifications.
One year of Microsoft SQL Server experience
One year of Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preferred (desirable but not mandatory)
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Experience
One year of statistical analysis experience.
Data warehouse experience
Microsoft Certified System Admin (MSCA)
Employees in this classification may be subject to call 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where the employee can be reached.
Employees may be furnished with a pager or cell phone.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information of your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S. a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
All information concerning your qualification must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application.
The Online application process is STRONGLY preferred.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (by closing date) to:
Department of Budget and Management
Attn: Amanda Karnezis
301 W. Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
For inquiries regarding this recruitment, please call 410-767-4850.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling 410-767-3623.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.