|Department||Department of Aging|
|Date Opened||12/27/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/10/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017.00 - $70,265.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Althea Gibson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
To conduct reviews and analyze market studies and financial forecast, for proposed and expanding Continuing Care Retirement Communities and Continuing Care at Home programs, determining if there are enough age and income qualified potential residents to fill the number of proposed units and the reasonableness of the financial plan for the development and operation of proposed of expanding Continuing Care Retirement Communities or Continuing Care at home programs.
Review financial statements, and related documents and other financial performance indicators for safety and soundness compliance with consumer laws and regulations to protect the public, promote integrity and confidence in the Continuing Care retirement housing and Continuing Care a Home industries regulated by the Department.
Ensure the ongoing viability of existing Continuing Care Retirement Communities and feasibility of proposed Continuing Care Retirement Communities and Continuing Care at Home programs.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Three years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Two years experience conducting reviews and analyses of market studies and financial forecast.
Two years analyzing projected construction and predevelopment cost.
Two years experience developing written analysis and summarizing results of reviews.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If the online application process is not available, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (by the closing date) to:
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
301 W. Preston Street,
Baltimore, MD 21201
For education obtained outside of the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.