REGISTERED NURSE CHARGE MEDICAL
|Department||MDH Western Maryland Center|
|Date Opened||8/7/2017 1:25:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/21/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $75,012.00/year (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Shannon Gaines|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH - Western MD Hospital Center, Hagerstown, MD
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to insure all State and Federal required documents are completed in a timely manner, as mandated by law or standards, for a specified comprehensive care unit. This position will act as a resource and provide nursing support to the interdisciplinary team to insure appropriate admission, placement and discharge of patients as well as provide documentation as required by payers.
Experience: Two years of experience as a registered nurse, one year of which must have been in the option for which application is made.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of general experience.
2. A Master’s degree in nursing or a health-related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classifications or Nursing and Hospital Administration specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.