PROGRAM MANAGER I 
Assistant Director, Homelessness Initiatives
|Department||DHCD - Div of Neighborhood Revitalization|
|Date Opened||9/27/2017 3:55:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/11/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,193-$77,699/Annual (Grade 19/base - step 15), with potential growth to $85,401)|
|HR Analyst||Drew Holcombe|
Management Service Position
Work that matters. Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is a national leader in the development of affordable housing and community development lending. We are proud to be at the forefront in implementing housing policies that promotes and preserves homeownership and creating innovative community development initiatives to meet the challenges of a growing Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Six years of administrative or professional experience to include three years of financing experience or providing technical assistance for development or rehabilitation of multifamily or single family housing; neighborhood revitalization and business development; community infrastructure development; historic preservation programs or human services programs.
1. Additional administrative or professional experience as defined above may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional job-related education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience at a rate of thirty credit hours for each year of experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in business and industry classification or business and industry specialty codes in the housing management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
At least one-year professional experience working with government grants programs
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Two years professional experience with homelessness programs
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. However, if you wish to submit a paper application, you may mail your application and materials to:
Department of Housing and Community Development
Office of Human Resources
7800 Harkins Road Lanham, Maryland 20706.
All application materials must be received by the filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via email to email@example.com.
Please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Attn: Drew Holcombe, Senior HR Generalist
- Your First and Last Name
- Recruitment #
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment
Incorrect application forms, or resumes in place of the application, will not be accepted. If you are interested in the position and cannot apply online please fill out the revised paper application which can be found on JobAps. For questions concerning this position, please call 301-429-7546.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.