PROGRAM MANAGER SENIOR I
Director, CJIS Central Repository
|Department||DPSCS Information Technology & Communications Div|
|Date Opened||10/31/2017 5:03:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/21/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$68,959.00 - $110,729.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cynthia Wingate|
This is a Management Service position, and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
The Maryland Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) contains statewide manual and automated criminal and non-criminal fingerprint records and criminal history information. This position requires expert leadership, technical and business process knowledge and strategic planning and research skills to develop and organize plans for the major organizational activities of the CJIS Central Repository.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services
Information Technology & Communications Division (ITCD)
6776 Reisterstown Road, Baltimore, MD 21215
Main Purpose of Job
- Operates a 24-hour, seven day a week center for providing criminal background checks for offenders and those accused of a crime, using a combination of positive fingerprint identification and criminal history data searches.
- Provides statewide storefront fingerprint operation for walk-in population and a response and service unit for mail, fax, and electronic submission for public fingerprinting background check services for non-criminal applicants.
- Maintains secure, consistent, timely, accurate, and complete Maryland criminal history records (Rap Sheet)
- Provides training and auditing for all CJIS users on the proper use of existing systems that support the creation, maintenance, reporting and expungement of criminal history records. (NCIC)
- Oversight of State Sex Offender Registry.
- Primary Federal level interface for all Criminal History Records issues.
- This position acts as a technical advisor, records administrator and policy expert to the CIO and to Departmental management using knowledge of the latest research in date and image processing technology, as well as an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of criminal justice.
- May be required to provide testimony in Court, or before the State Legislature.
Education: Master's Degree in Information Technology Management, Business Administration, or related field.
Experience: Five (5) years of senior level management experience with a staff of 20 or more subordinate employees.
Note: A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology Management, Business Administration, or related field; plus 4 years of experience in a progressively responsible leadership role may substitute for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
- Experience testifying before the State Legislature
- Experience with criminal history background checks
- Leadership development training
To submit qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the “other” tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail the Maryland State Application (paper) by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: Cynthia Wingate
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309 Baltimore, MD 21215
For more information, please call 410-585-3111 or 410-585-3060.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.