PROGRAM MANAGER SENIOR II
Chief of Information Technology
|Department||DNR - Information Technology Service|
|Date Opened||12/22/2017 12:35:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/5/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$73,612.00 - $118,197.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Khia Poteat|
This is a Management Service position that serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
This is a position specific recruitment for the Department of Natural Resources, Information Technology Service. This recruitment will be used to fill current vacancies for the position and may be used to fill future vacancies in the same classification/function. Future vacancies may also be filled via other recruitments. The resulting eligible list will be maintained for one year.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Department of Natural Resources, Office of the Secretary-Information Technology Service, is currently recruiting for a Program Manager Senior II position, which will serve as the Chief of Information Technology. The position is responsible for leadership and strategic direction of the Department’s information technology and radio communications. The position functions as a senior level management position with cross-functional areas and indirect responsibility for systems and business units not directly managed.
This position manages the business relationship among the programs of the Department, external stakeholders and the services delivery of the information and technology services organizations.
The Chief of Information Technology Service will be responsible for:
- Development of an agency information technology plan that is consistent with the statewide IT strategic plan
- Formulation of an IT policy and standards for internal operations
- Controls and manages access to the Department’s network and other resources
- Development of the Department’s Disaster Recovery plan
- Management and oversight responsibility for major IT projects
- Development of training/"knowledge transfer" initiatives; and institution of monitoring procedures
- Interfacing the Department’s IT program with the Department’s business processes
- Development of partnerships with other agencies to address common IT needs and goals
- Management of the IT budget
- Management of IT personnel and fiscal resources
- Oversight of IT procurements
- Developing and implementing IT "refresher" programs
- Evaluation and transfer of the technology
- Development of current technology architecture
- Manage client relations
- Oversee plans for reinvestment in technology and in IT and business professionals
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or Public Administration, or a closely related field.
Experience: Ten years of progressively responsible experience managing a complex technology program, including elements of data center operations, and development and support of mainframe systems, distributed and mobile systems, telecommunications, data warehousing and business/data analytics. Two years of relevant experience in acquiring, developing, implementing and/or supporting web, mobile and social network services and applications.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience formulating IT policy and standards
• Bachelor's degree in an IT related field
• Ten years of experience in an IT related field
• Management experience in the IT field
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Your application may be approved pending receipt of the evaluation.
Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important you provide all the experience and education that is related to this position completely and accurately. Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered; please include it on your application, if applicable.
This recruitment does not require any additional materials to be uploaded with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
You will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Online application is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is unavailable, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Department of Natural Resources
580 Taylor Avenue, C-3
Annapolis, MD 21401
The Human Resource Department is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Khia Poteat at
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.