Volunteer Communications Intern
Office of Communications
|Department||COMP Executive Direction|
|Date Opened||12/14/2017 09:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/8/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||This is a volunteer (unpaid) opportunity.|
|HR Analyst||Dionne Sellman|
This is a volunteer unpaid internship with the Office of Communications. Interns will assist staff in public relations, graphic design and communication projects. Every effort will be made to expose interns to all facets of public relations, as well as place them in areas of interest.
LOCATION OF POSITION
The Volunteer Communications Intern will have the opportunity to:
- Write, edit and distribute media advisories, press releases, tax tips and feature articles.
- Assist with employee publications; design and create posters and flyers for Comptroller events
- Contact media via telephone and e-mails to market agency stories and events
- Attend fairs and festivals
- Read local newspapers for pertinent articles as well as pasting and clipping agency related news articles
- Attend press events, staff meetings, and other pertinent meetings
- Conduct research and complete other tasks as assigned
Intern will be assigned to other staff members to work on designated projects. The internship will take place between January 2018 and May 2018. The specific start date, end date, hours, and schedule will be determined in collaboration between the intern and supervisor based upon mutual needs.
Qualified candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Adobe Creative Suite experience
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Junior year of college
- Majoring in Communications, Journalism, Broadcasting or Graphic Arts
Please submit an unofficial copy of your college transcripts, three writing samples as well as a resume for consideration.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-6622 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.