|Department||DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions|
|Date Opened||10/31/2017 08:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/14/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,364.00 - $50,818.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kimberly Hare|
This is a Special Appointment position at the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions. The incumbent will work at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
MD Police and Correctional Training Commissions
6852 4th Street
Sykesville, Maryland 21784
Main Purpose of Job
Some of the duties for this position include:
· Processing Correctional and Police personnel certification applications,
· Completes the initial processing timeline of applications, enters identified derogatory information on application tracker and forwards to the Certification Administrator for follow up.
· Generating and distributing certification correspondence and specialized reports including rosters and non-compliance reports to agencies.
· Interpreting administrative decisions and policies
· Printing and mailing law enforcement and corrections personnel certification and provisional certification cards.
· Importing training records and providing responses with import error logs to agencies by initiating communication to resolve issues.
· Processing and entering into database status updates for Law Enforcement and Corrections personnel into Skills Manager database.
· As well as performing other duties as necessary.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of experience performing secretarial duties with one year of experience reviewing and interpreting regulations and/or state laws.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualification is preferred, not required:
· Intermediate experience in Microsoft Word to include run and record Macros; creating mail merges, sorting and filtering them; and creating and formating complex tables and managing table data.
· Intermediate experience in Microsoft Excel to include creating and modifying macro commands; using mathematical, logical statistical and financial functions; and creating, modifying and formatting charts.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
All persons who meet the minimum qualifications will be approved on the certification list and will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: K. Hare
Recruitment # - 17-007695-0001
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
For more information, please call 410-585-3060
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.