***REPOSTED*** ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
Defensive Tactics/Physical Training Instructor
|Department||DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions|
|Date Opened||11/16/2017 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/30/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - $65,827.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kimberly Hare|
This is a Special Appointment position at the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions. The incumbent will work at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
MD Police and Correctional Training Commissions
6852 4th Street
Sykesville, Maryland 21784
Main Purpose of Job
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with specialized defensive tactics/physical fitness instruction programs for experienced officers
- Assist with recruit level Defensive Tactics and Physical Fitness Instructional programs
- Research, update and develop physical training programs
- Ensuring the proper maintenance of the physical training equipment with inspections of the Physical Training Center
Education: Possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
In order to meet this educational requirement an unofficial copy of your transcript must accompany your application. For education obtained outside the United States, you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application.
Experience: Three years of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year to year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicants must meet this selective qualification to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
A minimum of two years of criminal justice related defensive tactics skills experience within the past five years.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
Recruitment # 17-007728-0001
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
For more information, please call 410-585-3060.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.