FORENSIC INVESTIGATOR (RP4)
|Department||MDH Ofc of Chief Med Examiner|
|Date Opened||5/23/2018 1:18:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/18/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,472.00 - $39,046.00/year, with growth potential to $47,710.00|
|HR Analyst||Keenan Townes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH/Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, Investigations Unit, Baltimore, Maryland
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is conduct investigations of cases that are referred to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME). This position will conduct investigations, to include: screening cases, gathering information, conducting an examination of the body at the location of the incident, and producing an investigation report that will assist the Forensic Pathologist in the determination of cause and manner of death.
Education: Associate’s degree in Health Sciences, Police Science, or Forensics.
Experience: One year of experience investigating the circumstances of death at death scene incidents.
1. Candidates may substitute experience investigating the circumstances of death at death scene incidents on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute experience assisting in the autopsies of human corpses on a month-for-month basis for a maximum of six months of the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute one year of experience as a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute college internships, conferences, and seminar education in forensics, death investigation, and trauma of forty (40) hours for an equivalency of three months of the required education, for a maximum of one year.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Criminal Investigation classifications or Criminal Investigation specialty codes in the Inspection, Investigation, Enforcement, and Compliance field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification will be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in 24 hours a day, and therefore, will be required to provide the employing agency with a phone number where they can be reached at any time.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
3. Employees must possess registration as a death scene investigator with the American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators within two (2) years of hiring date. Once certification is received, employees are required to maintain the certification.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5:00 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.