MSP FORENSIC SCIENTIST I
|Department||MSP - Criminal Investigation Bureau|
|Date Opened||10/25/2018 3:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/9/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017.00 - $70,265.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Robert Tanner|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MSP Forensic Sciences Division
221 Milford Mill Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, genetics, medical technology, pharmaceutical science, criminal justice or related physical, natural or forensic science from an accredited college or university.
Notes: Experience performing comparative analysis or scientific evaluation of evidence to include experience in providing expert testimony may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required education.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE SELECTIVE QUALIFICATION TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION
Education: If using a bachelor's degree to satisfy the educational requirement, completed coursework must include at least 24 college credits in a physical, natural or forensic science to include laboratory components.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Possession of a Master's degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, genetics, medical technology, pharmaceutical science or related physical, natural or forensic science.
2. Internship in Forensic Science
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are subject to call 24 hours a day and, therefore, are required to provide the agency with a telephone or pager number where they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to random substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulation 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
3. In accordance with Section 2-204 (b) (6) of the Public Safety Article, candidates for positions in this classification will be subject to an initial drug screening, a physical examination, submission of a DNA sample, and a complete criminal background investigation, to include a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the candidate.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: R. Bruce Tanner
Questions or concerns regarding this recruitment may be sent to the following e-mail address:
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.