SANITARIAN IV, REGISTERED **Reposted**
Plan Review Specialist
|Department||MDH Infectious Disease & Environmental Hlth Svcs|
|Date Opened||10/18/2018 5:20:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/3/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017.00 - $56,999.00/year, with potential growth to $70,265.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Sandi English|
LOCATION OF POSITION
PHPA, Office of Food Protection, Baltimore, MD
Main Purpose of Job
The Plan Review Specialist coordinates a Statewide program that provides for the review and approval of plans for new and remodeling food establishments and ensures inspection of these facilities to determine compliance with State and Federal law, regulations, and standards.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Environmental Sanitarians under the certificate of eligibility requirements for Environmental Sanitarians.
Experience: Four years of environmental health work experience in the promotion, control, and maintenance of environmental health.
1. Applicants may substitute a master’s degree in public health or environmental health sciences for one year of the required general experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer Environmental Engineering classifications or Environmental Engineering specialty codes in the Engineering and Science field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The desired candidate will have:
Experience reviewing architectural plans, HACCP plans and process for retail and manufacturing facilities;
Experience dealing with and working with developers for new food businesses, constituents and stakeholders in the food industry, and local health departments; and,
Experience conducting inspections of food service facilities and food processing plants for licensing approval.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Environmental Health Specialists from the Maryland State Board of Environmental Health Specialists. A copy of you current registration must be attached to the application.
2. The licensure requirements are pursuant to State Environmental Article, Title 11, COMAR 26.07.01 through 26.07.04. The Secretary of the Department of Budget and Management cannot accept any substitutions.
3. Further information on eligibility requirements, to include application for license, may be obtained from the Administrative Officer, Maryland State Board of Health Specialists, 4201 Patterson Ave., Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.