FINANCIAL NON-DEPOSITORY EXAMINER TRAINEE
|Department||DLLR - Financial Regulation|
|Date Opened||7/2/2018 12:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/16/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,557.00 - $57,808.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Ernestine Hyman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to,
- Interacting with representatives of financial institutions, including coordinating the examinations, requesting for information and documentation, requesting explanations as to business activity, procedures and policies, conducting an end of examination exit interview, and resolving examination findings.
- Review the books and records of financial institutions to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Prepare schedules and work papers detailing actives of the licensees being examined.
- Analyze loan documents for adequacy, legal requirements and suitability.
- Analyze financial records (bank statements, financial statements, balance sheets; Income Statements, Retained Earnings, Cash Flow Statements) to assess the financial condition of the non-depository institution.
- Reconcile checking accounts.
- Review and analyze complaints filed against financial institutions or other entities under the jurisdiction of the Commissioner of Financial Regulation.
- Prepare The Examiners' Findings-citing the deficiencies, unsatisfactory conditions, and/or violations of federal and/or state laws and regulations in the records and business activities found during the examination of the licensee and rating the level of compliance and risk the financial institution poses by applying the appropriate standards.
- Examination Resolution Process-including, but not limited to, review of a licensee's response to a report of examination, participation in the negotiations to resolve the examination findings, and/or testifying at an administrative or judicial preceding when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, the Assistant Commissioner with supervisory responsibility over the Compliance Unit and/or other senior management (e.g. including, but not limited to, assisting with work in the Consumer Services Unit and/or the Licensing Unit).
Note: Applicants may substitute regulatory, investigatory, managerial or professional experience in the financial services industry, consumer credit industry, mortgage lending industry, accounting or auditing work or State or federal experience regulating the above industries or in law enforcement on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be required to attend advanced formal training classes. The purpose of this training is to maintain professional job specific proficiency and current knowledge. Some training classes are out-of-State and may require overnight stays.
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (DLLR/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to DLLR/DUI as a result of unemployment overpayment/fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
The examination for this recruitment will be an evaluation and rating of the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is essential that the application is filled out completely and accurately, listing all relevant education and experience, addressing the specific qualifications shown above and submitting any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certification, license, etc.). Please include clear, detailed and specific information on your application regarding experience qualifications related to the minimum qualifications, desired, and/or selective qualifications of the position.
Successful candidates will be placed on the certified list categorized as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified. The certified list will be used by DLLR for a period of one year.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Human Resources
Attn: Ernestine Hyman 18-000278-0001
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Ernestine Hyman at 410-230-6298 or via email Ernestine.email@example.com.
The MD State Application Form can be found online
Paper applications must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay