DEP BOILER INSPECTOR SUPERVISOR- Repost
|Department||DLLR - Labor and Industry - Safety Inspection|
|Date Opened||8/10/2018 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/26/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,899.00 - $80,078.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Chevelle Wise|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Supervise and train lower level Inspectors, evaluating their work performance and productivity ensuring that inspections are conducted safely and consistent with Departmental policies and procedures. Oversee lower level Inspector work assignments ensuring that Departmental objectives are met.
Inspect boilers, pressure vessels and related equipment throughout the State to ensure compliance with applicable State laws, rules and regulations. Consult with industry representatives, manufacturers, building owners and managers resolving compliance issues.
Review inspection reports, accident and daily summary reports submitted by lower level inspectors for conformance with office protocol. Inform the Chief Inspector on day to day operations. Recommend proposed solutions to problems or concerns within the Department.
Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of experience in high pressure boiler and pressure vessel construction or repair, or as an operating engineer in charge of a high pressure boiler operation, or as an inspector of high pressure boilers and pressure vessels, one year of which must include experience as a boiler inspector commissioned by the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited college or
university may be substituted for the non-commissioned required experience.
2. A Bachelor’s degree in science or mathematics from an accredited college or university plus one year of experience in the design, construction, operation or inspection of high pressure boilers and pressure vessels may be substituted for the non-commissioned required experience.
3. Experience in manufacturing, including the use of fabrication methods or processes in a shop or field environment may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required non-commissioned experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in General Inspection, Investigation, Enforcement and Compliance classifications or General Inspection, Investigation, Enforcement and Compliance specialty codes in the Inspection, Investigation, Enforcement, and Compliance field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
At least six months of supervisory experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore will be required to provide the employer with a telephone number where they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (DLLR/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to DLLR/DUI as a result of unemployment insurance overpayment/fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Applications that meet the minimum and selective qualifications will be referred to the hiring manager for interview selection. Units will select those candidates most closely demonstrating the qualifications for interview.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Applicants must provide sufficient information on the application to show they meet the qualifications for this recruitment. RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION/EXAMINATION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualification, including any required documentation (diploma, transcripts, certificate, etc) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
U.S. Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification. Any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing a U.S. Military form DD 214 verifying honorable discharge from service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Permanent State employees do not need to submit proof of Veterans’ status.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Human Resources
Attn: 18-000347-0001 (Deputy Boiler Inspector Supervisor) CW
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 100
Baltimore, MD 21201
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|