HEALTH FACILITIES SURVEY COORDINATOR I
AL UNIT PROGRAM COORDINATOR
|Department||MDH Office of Health Care Quality|
|Date Opened||8/9/2018 1:06:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/23/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017.00 - $47,333.00/year, with potential growth to $70,265.00/year.|
|HR Analyst||Roderick Howard II|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH/Office of Health Care Quality, Assisted Living Unit, Catonsville, Maryland
Main Purpose of Job
The Health Facility Survey Coordinator I is also referred to as the Program Coordinator in the Assisted Living Unit of the Office of Health Care Quality (OHCQ). This position will supervise surveyors who conduct licensure and complaint surveys in Assisted Living facilities. Employees in this position supervise professional, technical and clerical employees involved with surveying Assisted Living homes and Adult Medical Day Care programs, to determine compliance with the regulations of COMAR and the processing of data that results in ensuring the health, safety and well-being of Maryland citizens.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or University.
Experience: Three years of experience in regulatory compliance, facility surveying, quality improvement, or professional work in a health care setting or regulatory agency.
1. Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing may be substituted for the required education. ***A copy of your official or unofficial transcript(s) should accompany your completed application.***
2. A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a health field or management discipline may be substituted for one year of the required experience. ***A copy of your official or unofficial transcript(s) should accompany your completed application.***
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Health Care Administrations classifications or Health Facilities Architect/Engineering specialty codes in the health related field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Nurse graduates must possess and maintain a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a Motor Vehicle Operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employee(s) appointed to position(s) in this classification will be subject to call-in twenty-four hours a day.
2. Person(s) appointed to position(s) in this classification will be assigned to various geographic areas on a rotating basis.
3. Applicants must be eligible to participate in training courses for Health Facilities Surveyors as established and sponsored by the Federal Government. Successful completion of these courses is required for continued surveying activity.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251, or MD TTY Relay Service, 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies