AGENCY GRANTS SPECIALIST LEAD
|Department||Department of Aging|
|Date Opened||6/29/2018 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/13/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017.00 - $70,265.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Althea Gibson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
301 W. Preston Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
This position will oversee grant management for the Maryland Department of Aging leading the application, reporting, and administrative management of approximately $40 million in state and federal grant funds. The employee will be responsible for coordinating the submission of state and federal grant reports and ensuring compliance with all relevant policies, including the Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200).
In working with the Department’s program and fiscal divisions, the employee will establish and improve Departmental processes, resolve issues, and recommend new policies to ensure the efficient and thorough management of Department grants. The employee will be responsible for the development and distribution of state and federal grant materials and coordinating the review of all documents.
The employee will also be responsible for coordinating the submission of new grants, preparing demographic and data analyses, and coordinating the submission of performance reports. \
Additionally, this position coordinates the execution and filing of all agreements and Memoranda of Understanding and updates databases of all agreements and Memoranda of Understanding.
Experience: Four years of experience in grant evaluation and monitoring or budget preparation, presentation and execution.
1. Applicants may substitute graduate education in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, political science or public administration at a rate of 30 semester hours for each year of the required experience.
2. Applicants may substitute additional experience as defined above on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Budget Officer classifications or Financial Management specialty codes in the Budgeting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years of experience in grants management or federal and state grants management
- Two years of experience using Excel Spreadsheets to track grant expenditures
For education obtained outside of the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
Attn: Kigen Waugh
301 W. Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional questions or concerns regarding this recruitment, please contact:
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay