AGENCY PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST I
|Department||MIL Administrative Headquarters|
|Date Opened||10/31/2018 08:58:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/14/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,557.00 - $57,808.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Angela Stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
Verifies information received on requisitions, including appropriate approval, reimbursement rate, funding detail and specification.
Posts solicitation notice on eMaryland Market Place, the state's official bid board (eMM) including all required documents.
Conducts pre bid conferences and bid openings.
Makes recommendations for the preparation for Procurement Officer's Determination for rejection of bids, if necessary.
Verifies vendor's compliance with requirements including, license, insurance and minimum qualifications.
Maintains the DMIL's procurement's data base for tracking all requests submitted to procurement.
Posts award online on eMM and create documents as required in the Advanced Purchasing and Inventory System (ADPICS).
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions.
1. Candidates may substitute professional or paraprofessional contract management or procurement experience on a year for year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the following written certifications, obtained through passing an examination for the required education: Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers).
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Contracting and Industrial Management classifications or specialty codes in the Procurement field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience using the Maryland State Finance Management Information System (FMIS).
- Experience using spread sheets, google sheets and data bases.
- Experience in procurement.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF COMPLETING THE APPLICATION.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and place on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Maryland Military Department State Personnel Office
Fifth Regiment Armory, Room B10
Baltimore, MD 21201-2288
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Angela Stokes at email@example.com
Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification. A copy of your proof of eligibility (DD 214) for Veterans’ Credit will be required prior to hire.
The paper application must be received by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay