AGENCY PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST II
|Department||Maryland Higher Education Commission|
|Date Opened||6/6/2018 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/19/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - $65,827.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cheryl Murphy|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position works within the Office of Budget and Administration and will have the following responsibilities:
- Oversee day-to-day management of agency procurement of equipment, services, construction, supplies, information technology, and other needs, which must be obtained through the competitive or negotiated procurement process.
- Solicit, evaluate, negotiate and award contracts, according to State Procurement laws, procedures and regulations, as well as maintain contracts by ensuring compliance with terms and conditions.
- Responsible for ordering, maintaining and cataloging agency inventory and serving as the agency property and agency forms management coordinator.
- Serve as the agency MBE liaison.
- Provide backup support for payroll processing.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions.
1. Candidates may substitute professional or paraprofessional contract management or procurement experience on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the following written certifications, obtained through passing an examination: Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Contracting and Industrial Management classifications or specialty codes in the Procurement field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Two (2) years of experience performing professional procurement activities with the State of Maryland or similar government agency;
- Experience and familiarity with the State of Maryland's Financial Management Information System (FMIS) is strongly preferred;
- Two (2) years of experience with pre-bid conferences.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please call 410-767-4850.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
301 W. Preston Street Room 608
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
ATTN: Kigen Waugh
RESUME REQUIRED with online application and can be uploaded as an attachment under the Resume Tab of the online application. Please combine all documents together as ONE attachment (resume, degree, etc.).
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.A without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay