AGENCY PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST II
|Department||MDH Health Services Cost Review Commission|
|Date Opened||9/11/2018 1:10:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/25/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - $53,431.00 with potential growth to 65,827.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Keenan Townes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Health Services Cost Review Commission, 4160 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215
Main Purpose of Job
The Maryland Health Services Cost Review Commission (HSCRC) seeks an Agency Procurement Specialist to provide procurement, contract management, and general administrative support to the Budget Chief and Procurement Officer. The position will help develop and manage the procurement process and monitor contractor activity and spending. The HSCRC is responsible for developing, refining, and implementing Commission policy geared toward achieving its mandate of providing maximum efficiency and effectiveness at Maryland hospitals and achieving the goals of the Maryland All-Payer model approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The Commission has a large procurement portfolio and a wide range of contracts to support its technical and professional needs to achieve the goals of the All-Payer Model.
This position will primarily be responsible for, but not be limited to:
- Assisting the procurement officer with the development of large and small procurements
- Soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts
- Setting up meetings with relevant staff, editing/proofreading bid boards and requests for Proposals
- Preparing minutes of pre-bid and pre-proposal conferences and answering written questions from bidders and offerors Providing assistance in all aspects of contract development
- Working with contract monitors to monitor contractor activity, evaluating performance, and maintaining administration documentation
- Working with contract monitors and Budget Chief to track contract spending and balances
- Ensuring contract compliance with terms and conditions of award
- Providing general administrative support, including answering phone calls to the main office line, managing mail and Commission correspondence, and assisting with monthly Commission meeting arrangements
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions.
1. Candidates may substitute professional or paraprofessional contract management or procurement experience on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the following written certifications, obtained through passing an examination: Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Contracting and Industrial Management classifications or specialty codes in the Procurement field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Desirable candidates should possess experience working with ADPICS segment of FMIS. The preferred candidate for this position will possess experience with contract management and/or procurement experience with a State agency.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|