AGENCY PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST SUPERVISOR
|Department||DLLR - Office of Administration|
|Date Opened||11/20/2018 1:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/4/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $75,012.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Ernestine Hyman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure strict compliance with the Annotated Code of Maryland-State Finance and Procurement Article, COMAR Tiltel21, BPW Advisories, and DLLR procedures guidelines for Agency Procurement Specialists and all DLLR Programs. Includes providing direction as necessary.
- Determines proper procurement method for solicitations and obtain appropriate approval to ensure adherence to Procurement regulations. Advises Assistant Secretaries, Commissioners and Program Project Officers on the proper procurement methods and procedures for particular needs. Directs and monitors complex procurements, including the development of specifications, solicitation process, pre-bid conferences, evaluation of bid/proposals, and the securing of appropriate approvals for contract awards. Involves a high degree of coordination and interaction with the Project Manager.
- Prepares solicitation packages for DLLR Programs. This entails preparing the Invitation for Bids and Requests for Proposals documents, advertisements in accordance with regulations, policy and procedures, and the maintenance of the vendor's list. Directs staff on the format and content of bid/proposal documents. Review of bid/proposal documents for clarity and accuracy regarding legal requirements, compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Directs the conducting and presiding over public pre-bid/proposal meetings for prospective contractors to define the scope of work, bidding requirements, and award of contract. Responsible for preparing addendum to address changes to specifications or required solicitation language. Ensure the preparation of minutes for the pre-bid/proposal meetings that will become part of the contract file.
- Reviews contractual agreements and contract modifications to ensure completeness and compliance with procurement regulations before obtaining final approval for departmental programs and contractor.
- Develops and maintains a schedule of current contracts to include the award, expiration, renewal dates and etc. Requires a high degree of coordination with Project Managers. Ensure new contracts and renewal options are processed in a timely manner and submitted in accordance with the DBM/BPW agenda item submission schedule.
- Assist with Fiscal Year close out of ADPICS, which involves assisting the Accounts Payable and Budget units in the closeout process of the State and Federal fiscal years. Researches open purchasing orders, creates accounting change orders and assists in creating a encumbrance listing of purchase orders and contract documents.
- Supervises Agency Procurement Specialists and support staff as assigned within the Contracts and Procurement Unit to ensure that all Procurement Regulations are being followed and that work is being processed in an accurate and timely manner. Staff meetings are held to discuss procurement issues.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions.
1. Candidates may substitute professional or paraprofessional contract management or procurement experience on a year for year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the following written certifications, obtained through passing an examination for the required education: Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers).
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Contracting and Industrial Management classifications or specialty codes in the Procurement field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification(s).
Experience with State of Maryland Procurement
Experience utilizing FMIS Software
Experience supervising Agency Procurement Specialists
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
The examination for this recruitment will be an evaluation and rating of the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is essential that the application is filled out completely and accurately, listing all relevant education and experience, addressing the specific qualifications shown above and submitting any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certification, license, etc.). Please include clear, detailed and specific information on your application regarding experience qualifications related to the minimum qualifications, desired, and/or selective qualifications of the position.
Successful candidates will be placed on the certified list categorized as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified. The certified list will be used by DLLR for a period of one year.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Human Resources
Attn: Ernestine Hyman 18-000851-0003
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Ernestine Hyman at 410-230-6298 or via email Ernestine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MD State Application Form can be found online Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.