SERVICES SUPERVISOR II
|Department||DPSCS Operations Central Home Detention Unit|
|Date Opened||11/7/2018 1:40:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/21/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,364.00 - $50,818.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Angela Chase|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Home Detention Unit
2100 Guilford Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21218
Main Purpose of Job
- Procures goods and services for the Home Detention Unit office site, to include use of FMIS, manual requisitions, and making purchases with the corporate credit card.
- Serves as the property accountable supervisor for the Home Detention Unit, taking lead responsibilities for all inventory processes.
- Ensures all offender fees are properly processed.
- Ensures all assigned reports are properly prepared and submitted on time.
- Ensures all equipment and supplies are issued in accordance with procedures, to include maintaining a perpetual inventory.
- Performs other assigned duties such as fleet management assistance, proactive ordering of forms, and attendance at required meetings and training programs.
- Conducts adequate follow-up so as to be able to report to the supervisor an up-to-date status of work in progress at any given time.
- Establishes minimum inventory levels, and ensures supplies and materials are ordered so that CHDU does not run out of needed items.
- Provides supervision to the Supply Officer/Clerical assigned to the unit.
- Maintains an Inmate Public Service Detail (Token) Fund, ensuring accountability of tokens received and issued.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years supervisory experience in general services functions, office administration activities or in the receiving, storing, issuance, purchase or requisition of equipment, materials, and parts and supplies.
1. Additional experience in general services functions, office administration activities or in the receiving, storing, issuance, purchase or requisition of equipment, materials, and parts and supplies may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the logistics field of work, on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Applicants must meet this selective qualification to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1 year of experience with procurement and finance procedures.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are preferred, not required:
6 months of experience with store room inventory and capital property accountability procedures.
6 months of experience with data entry, report creation and spread sheets.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Please make sure that you provide complete and accurate information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: Angela Chase
300 E. Joppa Road, Suite 1000
Towson, Maryland 21286
For more information, please call 410-339-5964
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|