MEDICAL CARE PROGRAM SPECIALIST II
|Department||MDH Med Care Prgms - Ofc of Eligibility|
|Date Opened||10/5/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/19/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 -$53,431.00/year, with potential growth to $65,827.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Wendi Lott|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of administrative or professional experience developing or applying policies and regulations in medical assistance, health insurance, federal or State entitlement programs.
1. Additional administrative or professional experience applying policies and regulations in medical assistance, health insurance, federal or State entitlement programs or in a health or human service program may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. A Master's degree in the related field of work can be substituted for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Operational Analyst classifications or Health Services Management specialty codes in the health related field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Desired candidates should have the following:
- Experience with Medical Assistance policy and systems knowledge such as Health Benefit Exchange (HBX) , Medical Management Information System ( MMIS ), Maryland Automated Benefit Systems (MABS), System Alien Verification for Entitlements (Save ), State Verification and Exchange Systems (SVES ) and Client Automated Resource Eligibility System (CARES
- Experience with software systems such as Google Docs, CRM and Excel would be a plus. They should have leadership skills and the ability to work independently
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|