DGS PROCUREMENT OFFICER II
|Department||DGS Procurement & Logistics Division|
|Date Opened||5/15/2018 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/30/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,899.00 - $64,902.00/year hiring range, with progression to $80,078.00|
|HR Analyst||Christina Buchanan|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is with the Maryland Department of General Services, Procurement and Logistics Division, located at 301 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.
Main Purpose of Job
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Consulting with user agencies and contractors to facilitate the processing of solicitations and contracts in an efficient manner.
- Serving as a liaison to agency officials, advising on policies and regulations set forth by the Board of Public Works, Departmental Procurement Review Board, and COMAR.
- Participating in pre-bid meeting conferences to review specifications with attending contractors and agency officials.
- Responsible for bid opening and reviewing, and evaluating bid tabulation. Conducting accurate and detailed analysis of bids received to determine the responsiveness and responsibility of bidders.
- Reviewing, editing, and recommending modifications to specifications from agencies.
- Creating contracts, contract renewals, and contract modification award documents for approval.
- Providing copy of specification and forwarding Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Goal Form with a recommended MBE goal to the Procurement Review Board (PRG).
- Preparing contracts approval documentation containing award information. Creating Blanket Purchase Orders (BPO) utilizing the Financial Management Information System (FMIS). Posting awards on eMaryland Marketplace (eMM).
- Responding to questions from contractors, State agencies, and the public.
- Resolving protests and disputes between agencies, DGS, and contractors within established guidelines and regulations.
- Maintaining current working knowledge of procurement laws, codes, policies, procedures, and objectives.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of contract management or procurement experience involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts or ensuring compliance with procurement laws, regulations and conditions.
1. Candidates may substitute professional or paraprofessional contract management or procurement experience on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the following written certifications, obtained through passing an examination for the required education: Certified Purchasing Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers).
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting and Industrial Management classifications or Contracting and Industrial Management specialty codes in the Procurement field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
This position is open to applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualification(s) listed below. A selective qualification recruitment is conducted for positions when there is a specific or additional bona fide occupational qualification (i.e. knowledge, skill, or ability) required.
1. At least one (1) year of experience performing professional procurement activities as a current or former employee with the State of Maryland or similar government agency is required. Candidates may substitute the Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) or Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) certification for this experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
This recruitment is limited to individuals who are willing to accept employment in Baltimore City, Maryland.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please provide sufficient information on your application to support that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications MUST BE submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees.
Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job. Verification will be completed by the appointing authority. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of an examination. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week. You must include on your application the time spent on such activity. You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
To submit additional information such as a resume or cover letter, please upload an attachment to your application.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-767-1386 with questions about this recruitment.
The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. Apply online at www.dbm.maryland.gov – click on the State Jobs tab. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Room 1207, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are also encouraged to apply.
Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity, as an equal opportunity employer.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|