OFFICE SECRETARY I
|Department||DPSCS DPP Central Region|
|Date Opened||4/12/2018 2:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/26/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,048.00 - $42,102.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kigen Waugh|
This recruitment will be used to fill various permanent and contractual positions statewide throughout the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services. Please be sure to indicate on your application the City and/or County you are willing to accept employment.
The resulting eligibility list will be used for at least one year.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Answer telephones, screens calls, takes appropriate messages, schedules appointments, answer general questions regarding State employment and job openings, and determines the degree of information allowed in relationship to State confidentiality laws.
- Inputs accurate and complete data in OBSCIS II/DDAIS/OCMS informational systems in order to update offender records.
- Assembles and completes a variety of reports, posts information to records and logs and maintains established files in a variety of formats including electronic files and databases.
- Maintains important and confidential files, mailing lists, general files, procedural files, and open and closed case files.
- Acts in absence of other clerical staff by leading or training other clerical staff; recommends formal training for other clerical employees.
Experience: One year performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical or Office Services Specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience handling customer service inquiries
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Resumes may not be submitted in lieu of completing the employment application.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
301 W. Preston Street, Room 608
Attn: Kigen Waugh
Baltimore, MD 21201
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please contact:
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay