OFFICE SECRETARY II
|Department||DLLR - Occupational and Professional Licensing 1|
|Date Opened||1/3/2019 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/17/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$28,702.00 - $37,450.00/with potential growth up to $45,709.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Ernestine Hyman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Process consumer complaints and claims, verify license status of contractors, generate related correspondence, ensure the appropriate attachments are included, and create consumer complaint files and internal copy files.
- Type a wide variety of correspondence related to consumer complaints, prepare mailings, and update the AS400 system as appropriate.
- Prepare criminal charging documents from rough draft, prepare letters under seal for court appearances by investigators, and update AS400 system with respondent's description.
- Respond to inquiries from homeowners, contractors, and the general public by telephone and in person regarding the complaint/claim process, licensing test procedures, and general licensing questions.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
Customer Service Experience
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Demonstrated ability to accurately type on a keyboard of a personal computer at a minimum of forty words per minute may be required, depending on the specific requirements of the position.
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (DLLR/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to DLLR/DUI as a result of unemployment overpayment/fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
The examination for this recruitment will be an evaluation and rating of the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is essential that the application is filled out completely and accurately, listing all relevant education and experience, addressing the specific qualifications shown above and submitting any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certification, license, etc.). Please include clear, detailed and specific information on your application regarding experience qualifications related to the minimum qualifications, desired, and/or selective qualifications of the position.
Successful candidates will be placed on the certified list categorized as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified. The certified list will be used by DLLR for a period of one year.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Administration
Attn: Ernestine Hyman 18-001328-0041
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Ernestine Hyman at 410-230-6298 or via email Ernestine.email@example.com.
The MD State Application Form can be found online
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.