OFFICE CLERK II
Docket Clerk Trainee
|Department||Office of Administrative Hearings|
|Date Opened||9/4/2018 3:10:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/19/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$25,502.00 - $39,574.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janet Cora|
The Maryland Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH) is located in Hunt Valley, MD. We are a State agency charged with conducting fair and timely hearings in 500 different types of cases for over 30 State agencies. This hearing function is intended to provide an unbiased opportunity for citizens affected by the administrative actions of Maryland State agencies, such as the Motor Vehicle Administration, Child Services, Health Department, Personnel, and Labor and Licensing.
One component of the OAH is a large Clerk's Office, where Docket Clerks handle the many clerical and administrative functions associated with supporting the judges engaged in the hearing schedule. We are seeking interested applicants to establish an eligible list for Docket Clerk Trainee, from which we will fill several current vacancies and future vacancies as they occur within the next year.
If you enjoy learning new things, working in an exciting and vibrant work environment, and are seeking stable employment with access to benefits such as health insurance, paid vacation leave, paid personal leave, 11 yearly holidays, and a defined pension plan, then we want to hear from you! Veterans and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Schedule cases;
- update systems with disposition of cases;
- issue subpoenas;
- respond to telephone inquiries;
- handle routine and specialized clerical duties.
Education: Completion of the eighth grade.
Experience: One year experience performing clerical duties in an office environment.
1. Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate may be substituted for six months of the required experience.
3. Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, data base, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical or Office Services specialty codes in the Clerical Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The selected candidate will be subject to a criminal history background check as the final step in the selection process.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
Office of Administrative Hearings
11101 Gilroy Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21031
ATTN: PERSONNEL OFFICE
The paper application must be received by the closing date. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the completed application form.
If you have any questions concerning this recruitment, please call 410-229-4115.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.