ELECTION CLERK LEAD/ADVANCED
|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||7/31/2018 11:14:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/14/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$28,702.00 - $44,812.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christina Lohr|
This is a position specific recruitment for the Frederick County Board of Elections. The resulting eligible list will be used to fill this position/vacancy only. Persons interested in future vacancies in the Election Clerk Lead/Advanced will need to reapply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Frederick County Board Of Elections
340A Montevue Lane
Frederick MD 21702
Main Purpose of Job
This is a clerical position responsible for maintaining voter registration records in a timely manner under the guidance of the Election Director/Supervisor in accordance with the Registration and Election Laws of Maryland, Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR), and the National Voter Registration Act of 1993, to ensure that every citizen is afforded the opportunity to exercise their right to register and vote.
Performs clerical duties required to maintain voter records by using the current computer program to post, store and update voter information.
Files hard copy records in proper order.
Process various reports from SBE, such as MVA OLVR batches and ERIC.
Process records on DHMH, JIS and AOC modules in MDVOTERS – Voter Registration System.
Answers inquiries regarding voter/election information to the public, candidates and election officials. Keep abreast of State and Federal election laws.
Process requests for and issues absentee ballots to eligible persons who are unable to vote in person by following state law and regulations.
Assists with absentee voting at area nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Assists with returned voted absentee ballots.
Accepts candidate filings in accordance with Registration and Election Laws of Maryland. Assist with providing supplies for the polls - before the election and the clean up after the elections.
Participates in training of poll workers and voter registration volunteers.
Learn the current voting system and electronic poll books.
When assigned as lead worker, assigns work to temporary Election Clerks and, reviews work for accuracy and completeness, and trains temporary Election Clerks and other clerical staff in election laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
Processes petition signatures and creates petition statistics as stipulated by SBE.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local board of election office.
1. Specialized clerical experience may substitute for the required experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office at the rate of one year for each six months of the required election office experience. Specialized clerical experience is defined as work in an office which requires reviewing, verifying and interpreting information in order to make determinations and resolve work problems in accordance with policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
2. General clerical experience may substitute for the required experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office at the rate of two years for each six months of the required election office experience. General clerical experience is defined as work performing a variety of clerical duties which are clear-cut and typically found in office settings, such as filing, copying, posting data and directing telephone calls.
3. Thirty college credits from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience.
4. Additional experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience performing clerical duties in a local election office during a presidential or gubernatorial election in the state of Maryland.
2. Experience training and over seeing other work.
3. Experience with customer service and fast-paced environment during critical periods.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Limited to candidates willing to accept employment in Frederick County, MD
1. Employees in this classification are required to be registered voters in the State of Maryland in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-207(d).
2. Employees in this classification may not hold or be a candidate for any elective public or political party office or any other office created under the Constitution or laws of this State in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-301(b).
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
State Board of Elections
P.O. Box 6486
Annapolis MD 21401
For questions or to email additional information, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Fax additional information, please fax to 410-974-5126.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by contacting email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|