ELECTION INFORMATION SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||11/6/2018 09:25:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/20/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,880.00 - $61,691.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christina Lohr|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Cecil County Board of Elections
200 Chesapeake Blvd., Suite 1900
Elkton, Maryland 21921
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in computer programming; implementing, troubleshooting or supporting local or wide area networks; installing and troubleshooting personal computers or evaluating, implementing or maintaining microcomputer hardware and software.
1. Eighteen (18) credit hours in computer information technology, programming or networking from an accredited college or university may be substituted for up to one year of the required experience.
2. Completion of a certification program in computer programming for personal computers, local or wide area networks or troubleshooting such as Microsoft Certified Professional or an equivalent program may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. Additional experience in computer programming; implementing, troubleshooting or supporting local or wide area networks; installing and troubleshooting personal computers or evaluating, implementing or maintaining personal computer hardware and software may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Information Technology Management classifications or Information Technology Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
1. Experience with voting equipment and systems such as maintenance, testing, and trouble shooting.
2. Experience in training others such as staff and the public.
3. Customer service experience.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification are required to be registered voters in the State of Maryland in accordance with Election Law Article, Section 2-207(d) of the Annotated Code of Maryland.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete supplemental questionnaire. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
Maryland State Board of Elections
Annapolis MD 21401
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general system questions, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about this recruitment, please call 410-269-2859.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.