ELECTION INFORMATION SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||1/2/2019 12:55:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,658.00 - $62,925.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christina Lohr|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Talbot County Board of Elections
215 Bay Street
Easton, MD 21601
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in computer programming; implementing, troubleshooting or supporting local or wide area networks; installing and troubleshooting personal computers or evaluating, implementing or maintaining microcomputer hardware and software.
1. Eighteen (18) credit hours in computer information technology, programming or networking from an accredited college or university may be substituted for up to one year of the required experience.
2. Completion of a certification program in computer programming for personal computers, local or wide area networks or troubleshooting such as Microsoft Certified Professional or an equivalent program may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. Additional experience in computer programming; implementing, troubleshooting or supporting local or wide area networks; installing and troubleshooting personal computers or evaluating, implementing or maintaining personal computer hardware and software may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Information Technology Management classifications or Information Technology Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
-Experience in managing system security to ensure no tampering with microcomputer systems and software.
-Experience in voting equipment such ass programming and troubleshooting.
-Experience preparing and overseeing the preparation of inventory control proceedings for equipment and software location.
-Experience conducting training to end users in the operations of software applications and computer operations.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification are required to be registered voters in the State of Maryland in accordance with Election Law Article, Section 2-207(d) of the Annotated Code of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
State Board of Elections
151 West St.
Annapolis, MD 21401.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this recruitment please contact Christina Lohr at 410-269-2859.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to, 410-974-5126. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.