NATURAL RESOURCES BIOLOGIST I
|Department||DNR - Resource Assessment - Tidewater|
|Date Opened||10/29/2018 1:52:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/12/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,557.00 - $57,808.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A degree in biology, biochemistry, environmental science aquaculture, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology or physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management, zoology, or a natural resources management related field of study from an accredited college or university.
1. Professional experience conducting research and analysis in the fields of biology, biochemistry, environmental science, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology, physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management or zoology may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the wildlife biology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. One year of experience performing professional biological work in the field of natural resources management or ecological assessment.
2. Knowledge and experience of techniques used to:
(A) Assess the ecology and health of freshwater streams and large rivers
(B) Assess the effectiveness of stream restoration.
3. Knowledge and experience with the ecological sampling and assessment techniques typically employed in freshwater streams including the use of electrofishing techniques, as well as the assessment of stream physical habitat quality, geomorphology, water quality, and land use.
4. Knowledge of and experience with the ecology and taxonomy of stream fishes, benthic macroinvertebrates, herpetofauna, crayfishes, and freshwater mussels.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important you provide all the experience and education related to this position completely and accurately. Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered; please include it on your application, if applicable.
You will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Resumes will not be accepted. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (cover letters, resumes, etc.).
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Department of Natural Resources
580 Taylor Avenue, C-3
Annapolis, MD 21401
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to: Crystal Wilson, e-mail: email@example.com
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.