ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST I
|Department||MDE - Land and Materials Administration (LMA)|
|Date Opened||10/29/2018 3:50:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/12/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,472 - $39,046 w/progression to $47,710 State Salary Guidelines apply to State employees.|
|HR Analyst||Olivia Finley|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Land and Materials Administration
Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
1800 Washington Blvd. Baltimore, MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of experience in administrative or professional work for the required education, at the rate of one year of experience for 30 credit hours, for up to 60 credit hours of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Associate's Degree in accounting, statistics, information technology or office technology.
- Education or experience with accounting or bookkeeping.
- Experience in accounts payable or receivable.
- Experience providing customer service, telephonically or in person.
- Experience answering and assisting callers on a multi-line phone system.
- Experience using Microsoft Access and Excel, to record, track and analyze financial or other data; including, creating and producing reports for management.
- Experience writing professional letters and correspondence.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Your application is part of the examination process. The assessment will be a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of this position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified or Qualified and placed on the employment list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees. Education credentials and experience verification will be completed by the Appointing Authority. If you are scheduled to complete an education or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process, if one is required. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experiences.
The MD Department of the Environment does not sponsor individuals in the application of the H-1B Visa. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you apply. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
It is STRONGLY preferred that you apply online; however, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and reference number on any documentation to ensure timely processing. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the state application. You may email required documentation, transcripts and addendums to Olivia.email@example.com or fax to 410-537-3966.
Olivia Finley, Recruitment and Examination Division
Office of Human Resources
MDE Reference Number:18-001755-0040
1800 Washington Blvd. Baltimore, MD 21230
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
PLEASE NOTE: The Maryland Department of the Environment participates in the E-Verify Program.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.